We've transported thousands of passengers since we started eight years ago and everything goes pretty smoothly, but like all businesses we need to have our T&Cs. Limousine transfer booking service provided by pauljackson.biz ABN 22 176 963 108 trading as Cairns Port Douglas Shuttle. We aim to collect and deliver transiting passengers on time and according to the booking confirmation. All staff, affiliates and drivers are working towards that goal.
Tip to search this page: Use Ctrl F function to find a keyword on this page.Quick summary T&Cs first:
- COVID SAFE TRAVEL PROCEDURES AND REFUNDS
- COVID-19 cancellations: We offer your choice: 100% credit for 12 months or refund less standard cancel fees. Bookings that need to cancel less than 24 hours before arrival due to border closure, hotspot declaration, becoming a COVID close contact or having COVID we apply the standard one way cancellation fee of $30 or return transfer cancellation fee of $50.
- All Australian Consumer Law (Queensland) rights and guarantees apply.
- We recommend all passengers have travel insurance to cover any costs resulting in any unexpected delays in transit, or for any other loss associated with their travel.
- Payments are processed by either the Cairns Port Douglas Shuttle affiliate you are allocated to when using our book and pay forms, OR by Cairns Port Douglas Shuttle when using our quote first and then pay system. Either way you receive a Cairns Port Douglas Shuttle approved booking reference and at all times can contact us direct with any enquiry about your booking to organise a refund (subject to cancellation fees) or to change travel dates.
Longer T&Cs below:
A. Being contactable on your phone is an important part of travel. Passengers can help the efficient flow and minimisation of delays by being contactable.
B: Contact tracing.
- All important transfer details are on the booking confirmation sent to you once you've paid, including the direct phone number of your limousine (or iMax, HiAce or Coaster for larger private transfer groups) together with your booking reference number. Please keep this booking reference available to you for any enquiry.
- Please ensure your mobile phone is on as soon as you are allowed in Cairns or within the terminal and proceed direct to the baggage claim or arrivals hall areas. Please try to make contact with our driver and let them know you have arrived and are getting your bags. If the driver is not visible, collect your bags and wait at the nominated baggage claim carousel, as that is where our driver will arrive OR contact the phone number on your booking confirmation after you have your bags.
- There is no need to reconfirm your arrival into Cairns once your transfer has been booked. All booked arrivals are automatically scheduled for pick up once your limousine confirmation has been emailed to you.
C. Payment in full to secure booking.
- As a natural occurring consequence of any booking we maintain a manifest of people's names, contact email and phone number. If these are requested by Queensland Government health agencies only as part of contact tracing, we will provide details for that purpose only.
- The use of face masks is now voluntary at airports around Australia including Cairns Airport since 17 June 2022.
- However, please note that despite a separate April 2022 relaxation of vaccination rules in Queensland allowing unvaccinated travellers to arrive by air, masks must continue to be worn in shuttle buses, taxis and rideshares in Queensland according to the Queensland Government Health Directive updated on 2 July 2022 is still in force.
D. Online booking under 24 hours before travel not always possible.
- Payment needs to be made in full to secure your booking. Confirmations will rarely be issued (at our discretion) if payment has not been received. Bookings where passengers pay by cash to driver can be arranged but need to be organised in advance directly with our office.
- Advice that payment has been made by online banking is not sufficient for us to book your limousine and issue documents UNLESS we are sent a copy of the online payment receipt. This is particularly important during weekends and for bookings made less than 24 hours where online payment will not reach us before your transfer.
If using our Book and Pay
form to book for your limousine service less than 24 hours before travel, your booking may not be processed. We will turn your booking around ASAP within standard business hours of 9am to 5pm daily. You will always be advised if your booking is unsuccessful
. Your credit card will not be charged if your booking is not processed
. E. Liability limited to refund of transfer cost or redelivery of service.All Australian Consumer Law (Queensland) rights and guarantees apply. All passengers should note the maximum liability and remedy for any dispute regarding our transfer service is the cost of the transfer provided
. No liability is accepted by Cairns Port Douglas Shuttle for any greater amount or any other loss or consequential loss such as the cost of airfares, accommodation costs, labour costs, missed wages or income or any other loss whatsoever resulting from any delays (for example but not limited to) delays caused by accidents, landslips, inundations or roadworks which close the Captain Cook Highway, or any unforeseen circumstance which prevents the limousine from gaining access to the airport or gaining access before a flight check-in has closed or any other accidents which affect the delivery of the private transfer service. Additionally, no other liability beyond refund or redelivery of service is accepted by Cairns Port Douglas Shuttle for any loss, or any claim made, whatsoever, against any affiliate service providing contracted services to Cairns Port Douglas Shuttle.F. Cancellation fees. Timely communication can help you get a refund, and help the shuttle company manage its bookings and staffing.
- To secure any refund less cancellation fee, cancel requests must be made at least 24 hours prior to travel time in writing by email or phone.
- Cancellation of private transfer more than 24 hours before travel is $30 for one way private transfer, and $50 for return. Cancellation of any private transfer less than 24 hours before travel is $100 fee to cover the cost of the dedicated vehicle allocated to your group.
- 100% credits can be issued for travel with 12 months if credit is requested more than 48 hours before travel. You will keep your same travel reference. If canceling a credit once issued, the same cancellation fees and process above from items 2 to 4 apply.
- We make refunds by the same method as payment.
- Passengers at the airport who do not make themselves known to the driver by the time their flight has cleared or who are not at a designated point of meeting at the time arranged, and are not contactable on their nominated phone will be regarded as a no show and no refund will be made if the limousine must leave for another booking. For passengers who are non-contactable and later make contact, we will endeavour (but are under no obligation) to transfer you if possible, but this will likely involve extra costs. We will work closely with you at all times to ensure your satisfaction with our service, and request your assistance by complying with these Terms and Conditions.
G. Unplanned after hours arrivals or significantly delayed arrivals:
Flight schedules can present our business with significant delays outside our control and also outside our ability to deliver transfers due to WH&S issues including driver fatigue and safety issues. The remedies and processes in this clause are intended to address these challenges to the benefit of our passengers. Thank you for your understanding.
H. Delays or frustrations to service delivery can happen. Events beyond everyone's control may cause a delay, but the goal is to minimise any delay for passengers.
- Bookings for standard hours transfers scheduled to arrive between 0600 and 1800 that arrive after hours between 1900 and 0600 are subject to after-hours rates. For example, a limo booked to arrive at 1300 cannot automatically be transferred at the same cost for a shuttle pick up from a delayed flight arriving at 2200.
- For passengers who have provided us with notice of the late arrival we will transfer the value of your earlier booking towards your after hours arrival, and at our earliest ability advise the difference in fare. Passengers will always know they have a delayed departure, and should immediately contact our office when the delay will result in an arrival to Cairns after 1900. If arriving before 1900 we will usually be able to simply move your booking. Transfers after hours between 1900 and 0600 are flat rate one way private transfer $300 for 1-5 pax, and $360 for 6-13 pax which includes after hours drivers surcharge.
- In practical terms this means for any standard hours limousine booking arriving after after 19:00 the cost will increase $50 to cover night fees for our drivers.
- If we cannot meet you for your standard hours arrival that ends up as after hours arrival, and you elect not to pay after hours rates then we will offer you 100% credit valid 24 months; or 100% refund of the standard hours value to your credit card if your transfer was paid using PayPal checkout within the last 90 days as per PayPal refund system, or by online banking if we no longer have access to your credit card details after processing your payment.
- If you have a private transfer booking which is significantly delayed into after hours time and we have no driver availability when your flight arrives, as an alternativel to credit or refund in cl G(4) above we will pay 100% of the taxi or Uber cost to Port Douglas. We will make this offer to you before you arrive. Simply keep the receipt and email to us together with your BSB and account details for reimbursement.
The most likely scenario we've encountered over the past five years is that the Captain Cook Highway may close without notice (sometimes for several hours) if there is a fatality or multi-car traffic accident on the road. This impacts vehicles transiting between Port Douglas and Cairns, and does happen from time to time. This is one reason we always target leaving Port Douglas three (3) hours before scheduled flight departure, and earlier for international flights or flights with earlier check-in. We also recommend passengers have the potential to leave earlier if needed. For example, if there is a road closure, shuttles can access Cairns via the inland highway via Mareeba which takes an extra hour (two hours' total travel instead of one).All transiting passengers can help alleviate delay issues by being actively contactable on the mobile number indicated on the booking form when the booking was made.
On arrival please have your mobile phone switched on as soon as allowed at Cairns Airport, and on departure for several hours before collection in Port Douglas. By being actively contactable - including checking for missed calls or text messages - your assistance will help our service minimise delays and manage unforeseen circumstances. Our top priority is to collect you and get you to your destination safely and on time. By being contactable - passengers are able to help the process.
- Summary point is that as with any airport shuttle connection there are potentially multiple events that could cause delays such as late or early flight arrivals.
- Transfer services may be affected by any pick up or drop off changes implemented by Cairns Airport, and these are beyond our control.
- If through circumstances beyond our control we are unable to transfer you we will seek to arrange alternative transport for you at no additional cost.
- For delays caused by circumstances within our control the maximum liability and remedy for any dispute regarding this transfer service is the cost of the transfer provided.
- It is standard practice for any transfer company operating at Cairns Airport to monitor incoming flights as planes can arrive early or late.
I. Waiting times for pick ups in Port Douglas, Palm Cove, Cairns City or for any private transfer or limousine service the vehicle will wait a maximum 10 minutes after your allocated time.
Your vehicle may be running ahead of schedule, so if able please be ready for pick-up 10 minutes before your allocated time. This can assist your transfer to begin on time. Regardless, our limousines will wait for a maximum of ten (10) minutes for all private transfer services, at your accommodation reception after your scheduled and confirmed pick-up time. If we cannot locate you 10 minutes after your allocated time for your private transfer or limousine booking, your vehicle must leave to maintain service for return transfers booked from Cairns Airport. No refund is applicable in these circumstances. We track our drivers using GPS and phone records to verify and provide evidence of our pick-up schedule and attendance. Thank you for your assistance to be ready.
J. Safety. Please obey Australian and state traffic regulations and driver safety advice.
K. Pick up and drop off points / pick up delays- sometimes the bus cannot access a street with no turning or a gate with no key code.
- 100% of passengers, including all children, must wear a seat belt. Failure of any passenger to wear a seat belt means the vehicle will not move.
- All vehicles associated with this booking service are equipped with safety belts. Child seats are available in our iMax services but not in our limousines due to a lack of ancor points. All vehicles comply with Queensland Transport authority's rules and are regularly checked by that authority for compliance.
- All drivers are experienced drivers who must have Queensland Transport issued Drivers Authority (DA) to transfer fare paying passengers. This DA issued by Queensland Transport ensures a driver has passed a medical exam, eye examination and criminal records check. Drivers must also hold an upgraded Queensland drivers license for either LR (Light Rigid) or MR (Medium Rigid) vehicle - depending on the vehicle they are driving.
- Due to the design and access issues of some streets or accommodation we may not be able to enter some areas of Murphy Street, some gated real estate and similiar tight access properties where there is no turning option for our vehicles when used together with a luggage trailer. These drop-offs and pickups are then available only at the street corner, front gate or nearest practical access point.
- Our vehicles are prevented from entering unsealed roads due to insurance and damage liability issues.
- Beachfront Mirage and Bougainvillea Way Villas are gated communities, and we usually drop and collect passengers at the security gate nearest your accommodation. Private limousine transfer passengers may be taken inside Sheraton Mirage or down Bougainvillea Way if ready access through the gate is available from the passenger having a security code.
L. Passengers are not permitted to drink alcohol or eat food or consume any non water beverage on public passenger vehicles in Queensland. The following common courtesies are for the comfort and enjoyment of your travelling party and all passengers on our shuttles, limousines or private transfers. Queensland Government fines and cleaning charges can result if these courtesies are not followed.
- Bottled water is permitted to be consumed on our shuttles,however all other food and beverages are not permitted to be consumed on our shuttle service. This Queensland food and beverage restriction on public passenger vehicles is in the Transport Operations (Passenger Transport) Regulation 2018 (Qld) s 232(2). Thank you for your help to keep our shuttles clean and tidy.
- A cleaning charge of $175 INC GST applies to any non-water spillages or mess in the shuttle that in the assessment of the driver needs to be professionally cleaned. This cleaning charge applies to spillages of carbonated beverages like Coke, Pepsi, Fanta and the like. Spillages of sunscreen, perfume or of non-carbonated beverages like orange juice or apple juice, and foods like yoghurt, sandwiches, kebabs, pies and any type of food spillage will also attract the cleaning charge. Any bodily fluids including vomit, urine, faeces will automatically attract the cleaning charge independent of the driver's assessment. If cleaning is required we will provide an invoice for payment due within 7 days. Your assistance to prevent spillages is appreciated.
- Please take any rubbish with you.
- Passengers are required to use earphones when listening to music or watching videos on a personal device, and keep the volume at a reasonable level.
- For the comfort of all travelling passengers musical instruments are not permitted to be played on our shuttle service.
- Animals are not permitted on our shuttle service, unless they are an approved guide, hearing, or assistance animal.
- Smoking is not permitted on our shuttle service. This includes electronic cigarettes.
Thank you for reading. Your help and understanding helps our Cairns Airport to Port Douglas shuttle transfer service and affiliated drivers transport you to your holiday in Far North Queensland.
When we offer a quote or provide a transfer service these Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) are applicable to any and all bookings made or subsequently made. A link to these T&Cs is linked from emailed confirmation documents, and our Book and Pay form. It is the responsibility of any travelling passenger to be aware of these Terms and Conditions related to our service.
These Terms and Conditions form the entire agreement between Cairns Port Douglas Shuttle and any travelling passenger.
No additional terms, conditions or warranties may be implied within this agreement unless required by statute in the State of Queensland, or as required under Australian Consumer Law (Queensland) rights and guarantees which apply here.
Updated August 2022.
The privacy of your customer data, orders and credit cards are important to us. We will not disclose or sell your customer data to any third party. We will only send you email newsletters if you explicitly opt in.
Credit card details are not stored anywhere on our servers nor in our premises. Your credit card details are processed in real time by an independent payment gateway authorised by our bank, using secure encryption.